Legacy Guild

Domino5Legacy Guild

Your Support – For a Lifetime and Beyond

As a continued supporter of the Humane Society of South Central Michigan (HSSCM), you recognize the value of a society where every pet is a wanted pet. Through the years, HSSCM has been able to touch the lives of so many homeless companion dogs and cats, simply because you cared enough to make a difference in their lives. Every animal who has found a home through our adoption program has been helped directly by your support.

Since 1887, HSSCM has been able to make a difference in the lives of thousands of animals. Through your continued kindness, you have the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy for animal welfare. We invite you to join our Legacy Guild and designate a planned gift to help ensure the continued success of this important mission – making a difference in the lives of pets and families in our community.

Your planned gift is a commitment that will benefit homeless companion animals in south central Michigan in the future through such means as wills, IRA or traditional retirement or 401K plans, living trusts, life insurance policies or charitable annuities and trusts.

Perhaps you have spent a lifetime volunteering at the shelter and directly caring for the needs of homeless pets. Perhaps you have already designated the Humane Society in your final plans. The Humane Society of South Central Michigan’s Legacy Guild provides the opportunity for like-minded individuals to come together to share an interest in animal welfare, to discuss the lasting legacy of that lifetime of support, and to be recognized for that contribution.

Join the Legacy Guild Today

A person becomes a member of the Legacy Guild when the Humane Society of South Central Michigan receives written notification of a planned gift. Notification can occur in several ways, including writing a letter stating your intention, providing copies of documents pertaining to the planned gift or requesting a personal meeting with the Executive Director and a committee member of the Legacy Guild to discuss your wishes. In making any type of planned or major gift, consultation with your tax, financial and legal advisors is essential.

Planned and major gifts are so important to the Humane Society of South Central Michigan. The agency receives 90 percent of its annual operating funds through generous donations from people like you. The remaining 10 percent is received through service fees. The agency does not receive any government or tax dollar support. Planned gifts supplement, but do not replace, annual giving through the community. Planned gifts enhance the agency’s ability to operate new programming focused at stopping pet overpopulation throughout south central Michigan.

Gifts can be designated or undesignated. During your initial meeting regarding your planned gift, we will discuss your wishes and the ongoing needs of animals in our community to help you to choose the most meaningful contribution to meet your wishes.

Please contact Jessica Gilbert at 269.963.1796 ext. 13 to learn more about how to join our Legacy Guild, and how your planned gift can make a lifetime of difference to thousands of animals and families in our community. Together, we will ensure that every pet is a wanted pet.

Legacy Guild Guardianship Program

Are you concerned what will happen to your beloved pets if you pass before them? We all hope that a friend or family member may be able to take our pets if the unexpected happens, but that doesn’t always work out. Official members of the Legacy Guild may enter into a Guardianship Agreement with the Humane Society of South Central Michigan to ensure their pets will receive placement and care at the time of Legacy Guild member’s passing. 

Please contact Jessica Gilbert at 269.963.1796 ext. 13 to fill out your individual animal forms in advance so that we may ensure appropriate placement of your animals at the time of your passing or incapacitation. HSSCM is only able to guarantee space and/or placement upon the receipt of Legacy Guild documentation in advance.

Comments are closed