Fashion Designers Wanted!
Attention, fashion designers and sewists! HSSCM will be hosting a cat-themed event in May entitled Meowtini Madness. Part of the evening will feature a “project runway” style fashion show. If you sew and are interested in providing an outfit for the competition, this is the event for you!
- Designers must register in advance, deadline of Thursday, April 30, 2020. There is a $20 entry fee per designer, payable the night of the event. There is a maximum of 15 designers.
- Designers must sew a complete outfit for the fashion show (excluding shoes, accessories, and outerwear), and have the outfit at the location in Battle Creek, Michigan the evening of the event in May 2020.
- Designers may either provide their own model, or include measurements and a model will be found.
- Outfits are for humans, but must have a cat theme (may be present in the fabric or design – think tiger stripes or leopard spots!).
- The grand prize includes gift certificates to fabric stores, a basket of sewing items and a year subscription to Threads magazine. Total gift prize is worth $200.
Prizes will be determined based on the following criteria: realization of cat inspiration, aesthetic excellence, and construction. The jury is made up of professional sewists, fabric store owners, and the Humane Society Board Chair.